During the third conference of the National Space Council in June last year, President Trump said that he ordered the Ministry of Defense to immediately begin the process necessary to constitute the US Space Command or Space Force as the sixth branch of the US Army. The Space Force is different from the US Air Force but will be similar.
● SPACECOM US Army’s 11th Fighter Command.
● Last year, Trump called for the formation of the Space Force.
● The US Space Force is the sixth branch of the US Army in space.
To strengthen its position in space, the US officially launched Space Command on Thursday. This is considered an essential step towards forming the new US Space Force by the Trump administration. The US Space Force will be the sixth branch of the US Army to increase its dominance in the space world.
During the launch, President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence also witnessed this particular moment. John Raymond has been made the first head of Space Command. During the US Space Command (SPACECOM) launching, Defense Minister Mark Asper and Space Com Commander Air Force General John Raymond also participated.
The US military had not formed any other command since the establishment of the US Cyber Command in 2009. SPACECOM is the 11th Fighter Command of the Army, and each has a geographical or functional mission set for military operations.
The launch of Space Command will accelerate the decades-long effort to restructure and improve the US Army’s technical capabilities in space.
In the Senate last month, Mark Asper said, “I think we need to fully develop the field of space as a warfighting domain.”
Nothing has been decided yet about the permanent headquarters of SPACECOM. However, it is believed that it may be somewhere in Alabama, California, or Colorado.
During the third conference of the National Space Council in June last year, President Trump said, “I order the Ministry of Defense to immediately begin the process necessary to constitute the Space Force as the sixth branch of the US Army.” Space Force is different from the Air Force, but it will be the same.
At that time, US President Trump had said, “When it comes to protecting America, our presence in space is not enough, it should also be dominated by America.”
President Trump described space as an issue related to national security. He had clearly said that he does not want China, Russia, or any other country to lead us in space.
In May, the Congressional Budget Office stated that the Pentagon’s annual budget on forming a space force could include an additional $ 1 billion to $ 2 billion in the yearly funding. Its initial expenditure can be up to $ 5 billion.
American space force
The Space Force will be a separate section of the US Army, which Trump has described as “separate but equal.”
This will be the sixth service after the Army, Navy, Naval Corps, Coast Guard, and Air Force.
According to the strategy, the space force would consist of three units. The most senior general will head the space command to oversee combat operations.
The identification and development of new technologies will be undertaken by the Space Development Agency.
The formation of the third unit is the Space Operations Force, will be based on the expertise of leaders and fighters.
The US Deputy Secretary of Defense said that the formation of the space force would cost billions of rupees.
The purpose of establishing a space force
The purpose behind establishing space forces of the US is to prove small the space forces of China and Russia, along with establishing American capability and dominance in space.
US Air Force Space Command
- Currently, space power and Air Force cyberwarfare are monitored by the US Air Force Space Command.
- It has approximately 38,000 personnel operating 185 military satellite systems.
- After forming the space force, this department will also come under the purview of the space force.
- The space force will make the communications and navigational systems strong by using satellites and will also assist other parts of the army by providing intelligence to counter opponents.
Procedure for formation of an army in America
- The proposal for the formation of a space force may take several years to be approved and operationalized.
- According to the US Constitution, Congress has the responsibility to form and support armies.
- Army and Navy, the first two branches of the US Army, are enshrined in the Constitution.
- The last unit was the Air Force, formed after World War II in 1947 when Congress passed the National Security Act to reorganize the country’s military departments and air operations into a separate division. To be included in the form.