Losing devices nowadays have become a pervasive problem. We often forget it somewhere and then run a search mission for that. Many times we accidentally drop our smartphone at someplace and then panic about it.
Our device has almost all our important data stored in it and losing it can invite a lot of troubles. You are one of the luckiest people on the planet if you can track lost phone again, but if you are unable to get it back, then there is a severe problem.
So, it’s better to track your phone once, and in case you cannot get it back, delete all your data stored in it so that it can cause no harm to you or your privacy.
What is the IMEI number?
IMEI number tracking is one of the most effective ways when it comes to tracking of lost devices. IMEI stands for International Mobile Station Equipment Identity, a 15-digit number that is specific and unique for every phone.
Here in this article, we will look at the steps by following how you can easily track down your lost phone by using its IMEI number:
Get the IMEI number of your Android phone.
When you suddenly find out that your phone is missing, you need not panic. And you have to follow one of the below steps and get the IMEI number of your device.
- To get the IMEI number of your device, you can go to settings and click on About phone; from there, you can note down your IMEI number.
- The other method to get your IMEI number in the easiest way possible is dial *#06#, and you will get the number.
- The other method is also straightforward. Most of the devices have the IMEI number printed underneath the battery or on the device’s backside. You can find your IMEI number from there as well.
- You can find your IMEI number using the application,’Find my device’ by google. After sign in, besides the icon of your device, you can see another circular icon. On clicking that, you can get your IMEI number.
Track Lost Phone with An IMEI Tracker App
Now when you have your IMEI number in your hand, you can move forward to the next step that is tracking your lost device using your IMEI number.
There are multiple apps available on the play store that can help you in tracking down your device. We will take the example of a very prominent and accessible application that you can easily find on the play store.
- The very first step that you need to take on your way to find your lost phone is that you require to download “Find My Device” on your device. It is an application by Google that will help you in finding your lost device at ease.
- Once you find the app, you need to download it and then install it on your device.
- In the next step, you have to run the application in your android.
- And when you open the app for the first time, it will ask for sign in. You have to sign in using your Gmail or Google account.
- After you successfully sign in, the application will ask you to access the device location; you have to enable the permission. If you have not allowed the permission, then it is not possible to track your device down.
- Since the application can read the IMEI number itself, it does not asks you to enter it. This tracker combines the details of GPS and IMEI number to track your device.
- You can see the location of your device on the map on the screen.
- There you can find two options, Ring my device and Secure Device.
- You can ring your device to get a call ring on your phone, and in case you want to make it safe, you can eras ethe data from the recover option.
By this, you can successfully detect the place of your lost device and reaccess it. But the foremost thing that you need to keep in mind forever is that you need to have your internet on for better and accurate results.
Besides tracking your device, you can also control your device by synchronizing and keeping your device safe.
You have an option in your hand of tracking the lost device, but try to be attentive and not lose your phone anywhere you go. Just be a little more prudent about your phone when you go somewhere out or the new place because phones are the new locker of people nowadays!