Since the beginning of the 20th century, technology has evolved rapidly. From 2G to 3G and today, 4G technology has come a long way. Today’s ecosystem has found a reliable and conducive environment of wireless technology and has successfully accommodated 4G. Taking wireless technology a step ahead today, we will be analyzing the Future of 5G. Let’s dive in:
5G or we say fifth-generation wireless network technology, is now being tested and rolled out at major cities worldwide. Till the end of the year 2025, there will be an estimated number of 1.5 billion users, and it shall account for 40% of the total global current activity. 40% of the entire working people using fifth-generation wireless technology is a big thing.
The shift from the second generation to fourth generation and then finally to fifth-generation wireless technology is indeed a big thing. So, the question that arises here is that is 5G the next nig thing. And, if yes, then the question is, how? Let’s find out!
5G will have more than 5 billion users across the world, which is a considerable number. To add on, this will connect the world more than ever in the existence of human civilization. Rapidly growing traffic worldwide has also resulted in different growing networks worldwide. These facts are from the data generated by GSMA intelligence and, therefore, are credible. GSMA intelligence data also shows that in the year 2018, there were 43% mobile users on 4G, and by the year 2025, the data will change drastically.
By 2025, 43% of mobile users were using 4G, and it is estimating that by 2025 59% of mobile users shall be on 4G, and 15% shall shift to use 5G technology. But as we all know, every story has two dimensions to it. And the same theory applies to fifth-generation wireless technology. There are both negatives and positive aspects as telecommunication technology have mature. Let’s go through the benefits and disadvantages of fifth-generation wireless technology.
Benefits of fifth-generation wireless technology:
- Connectivity: with the advent of fifth-generation wireless technology, there shall be an IoT connectivity. 5G is likely to optimize communication between the internet of things. The internet of things is commonly known as IoT. And it has developed to make our lives more convenient.
- Low-Latency: latency is the terms that are using for the lag time. In simple words, it is the time that is taking up for the flash of results. With the advent of 5G, users expect to see a drop in latency rates as low as one millisecond. And this is just great.
- High-Speeds: the name of the fifth-generation wireless technology itself suggests that real-time streaming may soon be a reality. And, this would be just great if it happens. In today’s contemporary world, it takes more than an hour to download an hour-long movie. But this shall not be the scenario with 5G. It will provide speed, and you can download a good movie in good quality in no time.
Drawbacks of fifth-generation wireless technology:
- One of the significant drawbacks of fifth-generation wireless technology is that it gets hurdled by natural things. For example, speed can be disrupting by tres and even rain. And, to control such natural phenomena is beyond our reach.
- Another thing to be considered is that fifth-generation technology requires a lot of nodes.there are many nodes that require installation. So, it is quite expensive too.
- One of the significant drawbacks of fifth-generation wireless technology is that when it comes, the user shall not upgrade their devices to use 5G. Instead, they will have to buy a 5G enables widgets to access the network to avail of its services.
To turn this technology into a reality and make it an everyday thing, it has a long way to go. Though some states of the developed countries have already begun its installation, it has no authenticity. Since 2018 there are more than 25 countries that have enabled and put up its networks. Some countries have also started working on 6G networks. Let’s see how well do we go with this new fifth-generation wireless technology.
One fundamental question that may arse in everybody’s mind that what will happen to $G. so the answer to this question is logical. 4G is not expecting to go anywhere anytime soon. 5G will come gradually to make its place in every household; it shall take a long time. Therefore, 4g will stay with you for long, and because of the same, there is time for 5G to establish itself fully.