IIT Madras offers a free online robotics course for students on the NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) platform. It is a free-to-access course, which means you can access the course material without cost. NPTEL refers to this IIT Madras course as a gap-filling course for students from various disciplines to get a basic understanding of robotics.
This introductory course covers robotics’s mechanical, electrical, and computer science aspects. The course will be conducted by Dr. T Asokan who is a professor in the department of engineering design, and currently the head of the department, Prof Balaraman Ravindran who is presently a professor in computer science, and Dr. Krishna Vasudevan who is a professor in the department of electrical engineering at IIT Madras. IIT Madras has invited applications from students for free online courses on Robotics on the SWAYAM NPTEL portal, which can be completed in 12 weeks.
Aim Of The Course
To help undergraduate/graduate students get a formal introduction to robotics. The course aims at providing an understanding of the mechanical, electrical, and computer science aspects of robotics. Undergraduate/graduate students interested in learning about robotics can enroll in this course
- Duration – 12 weeks
- Start Date – 25 Jul 2022
- End Date – 14 Oct 2022
- Exam Date – 30 Oct 2022 IST
- Enrollment Ends – 01 Aug 2022
How to Apply
- Login into SWAYAM using Facebook, Google, Microsoft, or the SWAYAM account
- students can apply by going on the official website or directly by the link given below
Apply Now >>> Apply Here
About The Course
- Date and Time of Exams: 30 October 2022
- Morning session – 9 AM – 12 PM; Afternoon Session – 2 PM – 5 PM
- The course can be taken up for free. However, to earn a certificate, you must register and appear for the exam conducted by NPTEL at any designated exam center, and for that, you need to pay a certain amount for the certificate.
- The exam fee is Rs 1000/-
Criteria For The Certificate
- Average assignment score – 25% of the average of the best 8 assignments out of 12.
- Exam score – 75% of the certification exam score out of 100.
- Final scores – Average assignment score + Exam score
- You will earn the certificate only if –
AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25
EXAM SCORE >= 30/75
- If one of the two criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if your final score is >= 40/100.
- The certificate will include the student’s name, photograph, and score in the final exam with the breakup.
- You will receive only the e-certificate for this IIT Madras course. No hard copies will be dispatched.