Indian Institute of Technology Madras has taken a unique initiative to make its high-quality courses in Computer Science available to everyone. The Faculty from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering have created a portal containing the core courses that can be accessed by Educational Institutions, students, and anyone else interested.
This initiative is also a major step towards realizing the vision of Prof. V. Kamakoti, Director, IIT Madras, who is keen to make high-quality education accessible to rural India.
The core Computer Science courses are available on the IITM portal.
Given link below is to Go to the portal & Download the Brouchre
IITM -CSE Dept. is offering free courses on programming, Data Structures, Computer Organisation, and Algorithms. Each course has YouTube recordings of live lectures taught to the students at IIT Madras during the pandemic.
“The portal has been created to help students who could not study at IIT Madras, especially those from remote and rural areas of the country. They will have access to the same curriculum that is taught in the institute. This initiative will ensure that quality material is accessible to all students,” stated Dr. Rupesh Nasre, Associate Professor,
Important Key to know
- The core computer science courses offered are free and include all course materials from the IIT curriculum.
- Students, teachers, educational institutions, or anyone interested can access the course and materials.
- The courses offered currently are on programming, data structures, computer organization, and algorithms. Here’s the list:
- Introduction to programming
- Programming and data structures
- Compiler design
- Languages, machines, and computation
- Object-oriented lab
- Paradigms of programming
- Foundations of computer system design
- Advanced data structures and algorithms
- All the courses have YouTube recordings of live lectures taught to the students at IIT Madras during the pandemic.
- That availing of the courses can also attend quizzes on the portal for self-assessment and ascertain their level of understanding of the courses.
- The department plans to create randomized quizzes in the future for better evaluation.
- The department also plans to engage senior students to conduct live tutorial sessions where they will also clarify students’ doubts.
How to Access IITM – CSE dep.
Enroll here >> Enroll Now
>> DOWNLOAD NOW
Those availing of this initiative can also attend quizzes on the Portal for self-assessment and ascertain their level of understanding of the courses.
Sharing his experience of working on this initiative, Kovvuri Sravankumar Reddy, 3rd year B. Tech student, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, said, “The difficulty of the quizzes on the portal is on par with the exams conducted by the Institute for the undergraduate students.”
The department plans to create randomized quizzes in the future for better evaluation. All the elements together will provide a comprehensive package for the students to learn the course.