NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India), the Government of India had started an Internship Scheme. This Scheme is beneficial for students pursuing UG/Graduate/PG Degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized universities/Institutions within India or abroad.
Undergraduate/postgraduate students or research scholars enrolled in recognized universities/institutions in India and abroad can apply for the NITI Aayog Internship Scheme. They will work closely with NITI’s verticals/divisions/cells. Applicants will have to apply online by filling up the registration form.
Here are all the details about the NITI Aayog yojna
Students of any recognized University/ Institution within India or abroad, fulfilling the following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship:
- UG students, having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of 2nd year/4th semester of the bachelor degree course and secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in 12th
- Graduate students having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of first-year/2nd semester of their post-graduate program or persuing research/Ph.D. and secured not less than 70% or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission for higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that they have secured 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- The application can only be made six months in advance but not more than 2 months before the month in which the internship is desired.
- Applicants must also clearly indicate the area of interest.
- A candidate can apply for an internship only once during a financial year.
- The selected applicant has to produce original mark sheets and NOC from the college/institution at the time of joining. In case he/she is failing to do his/her candidature shall be canceled.
The Internship Scheme-
The interns shall be given exposure to various Verticals/Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and would be expected to help in the process of analysis within NITI Aayog through data collection and collation of in-house and other information.
Duration of the internship-
- At least 6 (Six) weeks but not exceeding 6 (Six) months.
- The period between the month of declaration of the result of the final exam and the desired month of the internship should not exceed 6 (Six) months.
How to Apply?
- Internship applications are accepted ONLINE only from the 1st (00:00 hrs) to the 10th (23:59 hrs) of every month. No other mode of application will be accepted.
- Here is the official website link from where one can apply- https://www.niti.gov.in/internship
- The online application link is Here- https://www.niti.gov.in/career/internship
- DOWNLOAD Instructions to fill the Online Application Form
- You are eligible to apply for the internship only if you fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned in the guidelines.
- Internship applications will be accepted ONLINE only from the 1st (00:00 hrs) to the 10th (23:59 hrs) of every month. No other mode of application will be accepted.
- You are advised to check the details before submission. No correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
- You should note the Registration Number after submitting the application form for future
- NITI Aayog does not assume any responsibility if you are not able to submit your
application on account of technical reasons or any other reason beyond the control of NITI Aayog.
- You need not send the printout of the ONLINE application or any other supporting documents.
- In case of any web-related issues, please contact at [email protected]