- The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank and regulatory body under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- RBI (Reserve Bank of India) accepts applications for its Summer Placement Internship Opportunity.
- The intake is 125 students.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has invited applications from domestic and foreign students for a summer internship. All those students who are pursuing higher studies in economics, finance, banking, and law can apply for the summer internship.
Here are the details to know how to apply for the internship
- post-graduate courses
- Integrated five-year courses in Management/Statistics/Law/ Commerce/Economics/Econometrics/Banking/Finance or three-year full-time professional Bachelor’s degree in Law from reputed Institutions/Colleges located in India.
- The period of placement will be for a maximum of 3 months during the period from April to July.
- The period may be reduced/extended at the order of the Bank.
3. Place and stipend
- Summer trainees will be required to undertake the project in various Central Office Departments in Mumbai or the respective Control Offices mentioned above under the Para ‘Role of Institutions’.
- Outstation trainees will be required to make accommodation arrangements on their own.
- Trainees are eligible to receive a monthly stipend of ₹20,000/- per month.
4. How to apply?
- Eligible students should apply for placement through the online web-based application form through their respective institutes to the ‘Control Offices of Reserve Bank of India’,
- Apply from October 15 to December 31 of the previous year for an internship starting from April of next year.
- Reputed Institutes/Colleges located in India offering Masters in Business Management (MBA/MMS)/Economics/Econometrics/Finance/Banking/Statistics/Commerce/or full-time professional Bachelor’s degree in Law may forward the applications of eligible/interested students to the respective ‘Control Offices of Reserve Bank of India‘ as given on the website
- Here is the link to the official form and website
5. Selection process
- The Bank will select a maximum of 125 students for summer placement every year.
- In the month of November/December each year, the interview for the shortlisted candidates will be held at the offices.
- The shortlisted outstation candidates will be required to handle the travel costs of the journey to the office of RBI and back for this purpose.
- Names of selected students will be informed to the institutes in the month of December/January.
Selected outstation candidates will be given AC II Tier/1st Class return fare by rail from the place of his/her institute to the place of summer placement for undertaking the project.