The entire globe is at the urge of lockdown. The human race is once again facing the fatal challenge. The name of the problem is the corona Virus. This deadly virus has infected more than 1 lakh people and has costed lives of more than 5,000 people across the globe. Coronavirus is declared as a pandemic state by the world health organization. From ordinary people to celebrities to government officials, the virus has not spared anyone.
Amidst the panic situation, there are several things you need to know about coronavirus.
Coronavirus: A Background
COVID-19 or commonly known as coronavirus is a group of viruses that causes severe respiratory illness very much, similar to pneumonia. The outburst of coronavirus happened from the sea-food market of Wuhan city of China. The novel COVID-The novel coronavirus is highly contagious and can spread quickly from an infected person to another.
How does this coronavirus cause infection?
The novel coronavirus speeds through the water droplets, which came out from the mouth or nostrils of the infected person. When the water droplets came in contact with a healthy person, they quickly get infected. The infection started from people who had a travel history to Wuhan city or China. Anyone who came into contact with these people got this infection, and in the same way, almost the entire globe got the disease. The major problem with the coronavirus is that it takes up to 14 days to show the symptoms, which makes it’s even more contagious as people were not able to detect the virus.
Who Is Corona’s Target?
COVID-19 is a severe issue, but you need not panic. Novel Corona can infect anyone easily but is fatal only for people having low immunity. Lastly, the novel coronavirus has killed people belonging to older age groups. You need not be panic about this virus but need high precautions. This might not kill you, but you can be a carrier of this virus, which can kill someone with low immunity.
Precautions Which Can Save A Life
At the time where countries like Italy and China are lockdown, as an individual, you can take the following precautions to protect yourself.
- Keep washing your hands regularly. The life span of this virus gets killed if you wash your hands properly. You can either use soap or alcohol-based sanitizer to disinfect your hands.
- Maintain 1 feet distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing as the water droplets may get on your body and can make you infected if the person is Coronona positive.
- Respiratory etiquette- Do not sneeze without covering your mouth. Either sneeze in a tissue and then throw it immediately in the dustbin or sneeze in your elbows as it prevents infection.
- Visit your nearest healthcare- in case if you doubt having Corona, do not take the risk and visit your local healthcare facilities to find out the truth. If you have travel history to any of the corona hotspots country, you immediately need to visit the doctor.
- Boost up your immunity- the only way to defeat this fatal virus is by boosting your immune. The virus dies itself without causing any harm if your immunity is strong enough to fight it. To enhance your immunity, do exercise, eat citrus fruits, and do breathing exercises.
This was all the essential things; one must know about Corona. This is a time when the entire world needs to come together and fight this virus. Our scientists are trying hard day and night to find its solution. But, until the antidote happens to be prepared and cautious.