Share your YouTube Premium subscription with your family easily with some fee. Here’s how you can do that.
YouTube’s subscription service called YouTube Premium removes ads from YouTube videos. Additionally, it provides you access to YouTube Originals and YouTube Music. Last, but not the least, it also provides a Google Play Music subscription.
Pricing for the YouTube Premium is done at $11.99 per month, which is a fair deal as you get access to YouTube Originals, two music streaming services, and removes ads from all YouTube videos. If your entire family wants to enjoy YouTube Premium service, you can easily share one YouTube Premium with the entire family for some fee.
Sharing YouTube Premium with your Family
Just like Spotify or Amazon Prime subscription, YouTube Premium allows sharing your subscription with your family. It supports up to five other additional users. Fees for sharing your subscription will cost you extra $8 per month.
Upgrading your plan to YouTube Family plan will provide same benefits to all the six family members. So, your entire family can enjoy ad-free YouTube videos, YouTube Originals, YouTube Music, and Google Play Music at just extra $8 per month.
If you want to upgrade your plan to YouTube Family plan,
- Log into your YouTube account in which you have subscription, and go to youtube.com/premium.
- Here, you’ll see an option of manage. Click on it.
- Select Manage membership and Upgrade.
- Click Upgrade Once again for confirmation. If you directly want to upgrade to YouTube family plan, go to youtube.com/premium/family. Select Get Family Plan.
- After confirmation, you will be charged the additional fee for upgrading your YouTube Premium to YouTube Family plan.
- Next, you can invite your family members to a family group. For becoming a member of YouTube Family subscription, he/she must be at least 13 years-old. Definitely, a Google account is must in order to become member.
- For adding members, go to your paid memberships page and click the action overflow button.
- Now, select Family sharing settings. For directly adding a member, you can go to families.google.com and click on the plus sign to add a member.
- Search your family member by typing in his/her email address and select from the suggested contacts. At last, click Send button for successfully sending invitation.
Members need to accept the invitation to the family group before the invitation expires. Invitation lasts for 14 days from the day when the invitation was sent.
Other family benefits such as Google Play Family Library, YouTube TV, shared payment method, shared photos and videos, shared Google Keep notes, etc will also be available. After creating a family group, you can change it once in every 12 months.