Do you want to be safe and anonymous on Internet? If your answer is yes then continue reading this article and I will tell you about the Advantages and Disadvantages of using Proxy vs VPN vs TOR vs TOR and VPN together?
What is a Proxy?
A poxy directs your traffic to another computer instead of your own. While their are some private and proxy servers are also available. Only private proxies are provided paid and it also provide us reliability and stability.
- Proxies is just like a Web Filter. These proxies settings are automatically applied to your browsers. Whether you are using Chrome, safari etc.
- While using proxy you will get the benefits of (Security, Speed, and Geographic Location).
- The proxy will only secure traffic which comes from the Internet.
- This proxies are not only designed for protect your Internet traffic.
- Many proxies pass some of the user’s original IP address to the destination site, making them unsuitable for security or privacy conscious users.
What is a VPN?
A Virtual Private Network is the network which secure your real location. It changes your location and IP address of your device so that your identity kept private on the Internet.
- The service of VPN is very fast. Their are low chances that your Internet will run slow.
- Ideal for P2P filesharing – while many providers prohibit it, many are set up with filesharing in mind.
- VPN keeps tracks your activity that what you are doing on the Internet. It keeps record of your all activities.
- Sometimes if you do any illegal activities by using VPN then the VPN company can give your real IP to police.
What is Tor?
Tor is a free service which is use for the enabling anonymous communication. The name of this browser comes from the acronym the original software project name The Onion Router.
- No one can extract your real IP.
- It is impossible to anyone for track down your activities.
- This browser is totally free.
- This browser is very slow because your data is bounced in many IP’s for keeping your connection secure.
- You can’t download any big file from this browser because it is very slow.
Tor and VPN together
The best advantage of TOR is that you do not need to trust anyone your internet use is completely anonymised. The speed of Internet becomes slow at the time of using this browser. Some peoples can’t face this issue and start using VPN.
Tor through VPN
In this you first connect to the VPN and then to the TOR network, before accessing the internet.
Your computer -> VPN -> Tor -> internet
This is the process when you use TOR server with VPN.
Tor through VPN advantages
- Your ISP don’t know that you are using tor the only know that you are using VPN.
- If someone malicious try to know your searching history then VPN will provide extra layer to protect you.
Tor through VPN disadvantages
- Malicious can track your activity at the time of using tor. And some paid VPN promises that they keep your activity safe and provide extra second layer. But many VPN not do this.